News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Smoker with chest pains.

conceptas - Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:17 pm

i've been smoking for about 3 years now, half a pack a day about. sometimes a full pack but very rarely. I had acute bronchitis back about 7 months ago, i quit smoking for about a week to let my lungs heal up and then started again, stupid mistake. Now, i have been having pain in my lungs, frontal pain in my chest and back pain in the lung region, For about 2 - 3 weeks now. I have a wheez when i exhale. And it feels like im not getting enough air in my lungs. Im going to the doctor soon but i wanted another opinion. I was wondering what this might be, bronchitis, or something serious.
 Dr. A. Madia - Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:46 pm

User avatar Hi,

Smoking half a pack a day is on the higher side, in fact any smoking at all is bad. Once you have already had an episode of bronchitis. Now you wheeze when you exhale so possibly you might be heading towards chronic bronchitis. You need to stop right now, since once set in, chronic bronchitis has no remedy.

The chest pain you are having does not look like a heart pain but I strongly suggest you to get in touch with your physician and get whatever tests he suggests, like an X ray of the chest, an EKG etc.

Apurva
 conceptas - Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:30 am

Thanks for your help. Ive quit smoking and i did go to the doctor, and had a chest xray and ekg done. My ekg was abnormal so i wore a holter monitor for 2 days and it was normal. My chest xray was also normal. so its been a week now since ive quit smoking and my smell and taste are coming back haha.

Thanks again.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here