Question: Numbness on left side of chest under left breast.

Plazmo - Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:21 am

I'm a 19 year old male and I've noticed that an area of skin under my left breast is completely numb, as if Novocaine was injected into it. I know that it feels like that because I remember going to the dentist and what my cheeks felt like after he used it on me.... same feeling. I noticed this a few years ago but I've never really bothered to pay attention to it until now.
 Dr. A. Madia - Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:24 am

Has there been any injury at the spot in the past? Was there ever a boil in that place? Have you ever sufferred a Herpez Zoster rash on the area? Have you been a diabetic?

Beacuse these are the organic causes of a numbness which is caused by dysfunction of the local nerve supply of the area.

On the other hand it may also have to do with the concerned nerve root getting compressed at the level of spinal cord.

I would like if you posted some more detail about the history and other features.

Apurva
 Plazmo - Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:30 pm

Thanks for replying =]

I know for a fact that I have never been injured there, had a boil or had a rash there in the past.

To be honest there aren't many other features about it. The area where the numbness is located it the same color as the rest of my chest. It doesn't swell or stick out in any way. The only way I can find it is when I scratch because as soon as I hit that area I feel nothing.

I don't know for sure how long it has been there. I just noticed it one day when I was scratching my chest.

If it is spinal compression... is it/can it be serious? I do have a checkup soon at my hospital so maybe I can bring it up.

|