Question: Chest/back burning pain

ggarzagl - Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:28 pm

7 months ago my left side of my body started tingling and i felt like i could not breathe and was bit shaky, then about 3 weeks later, i was feeling very dizzy i started shaking and almost passed out, since then i have had shortness of breathe it feels like I cant catch my breathe (at one time i was told i had a respiratory infection and was treated with antibiotic) my left shoulder, neck, arm, head and even eye hurt constantly specially when physical activity even if mild or stress, it feels like someone is squeezing my arm and chest and pulling on the left side of my head, eye and jaw. I tend to get extremely dizzy and fatigues by around 5 or 6 in the afternoon, once I checked by blood pressure when i felt this way and it was 100/60 this was after i had walked around the mall for 40 minutes. Someone suggested that I might have had low blood pressure all along and thats why i feel dizzy and like i lack oxygen. Recently I developed a new symptom I have a burning on my upper back that radiates to my neck and head it feels like a burning pain and like someone is streching me. Could low blood pressure be the reason of my chest pains? Should I see a doctor?
 Dr. A. Madia - Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:17 am

Tingling, dizziness and a feeling of someone squeezing your arm with pain in neck, left arm and back. All these symptom could be due to some cervical spondylosis [meaning some degenerative changes in the neck area of your spine].

I advise you to go for an X ray of the cervical spine, followed by some physiotherapy , shortwave diathermy and traction, if the x ray does show significant changes.

Your BP of 100/60, though a little low, cannot be in my opinion the reason of your problem. However I advise you to consume more fluids, along with a lot of fruits [so as to increase the electrolyte intake].

Apurva

|