News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Pain in lower right chest?

dustins - Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:43 pm

I am having a sharp pain in my lower right chest. It seems to come and go and it is usually brought on by moving. I haven't had any recent injuries so that couldn't be the problem. I don't know what could be causing this. Here is a pic of the area I am feeling the pain. Image
 Dr. A. Madia - Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:02 am

User avatar Hi,

Pain on chest which is brought on or aggravated by moving or deep inspiration is usually of chest wall origin-musculoskeletal. It can also be from an intrathoracic muscle pull.

It could also be a 'Pluritic pain', coming from the covering membrane of the lungs. In this case it is usually an infection.

One particular kind of chest pain here is the one which comes on on assumig an upright position, is severe and it could be from the outer covering of the heart called pericardium and the disease called pericarditis.

Otherwise the usual heart pain or angina is central in the chest or below the sternum, is vaguly localized, it has a gripping or a squeezy feel about it and it is brought on by exertion unless it is a heart attack.

From what you describe yours seem to be the musculo skeletal one. However it is better to get in touch with a physician and get the routine chest pain work up done.

Apurva

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here