News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Lump below right collar bone

mnpastor - Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:53 pm

I noticed this lump a months ago probably last november '07 (though not sure for how long exactly it has been there)but I had forgotten about it for a while... then just now I realised it was still there and thought I should ask. I know it is better for a doctor to see it but I have no insurance and w/o a job.. plus not even American so.. yeah.

There is a lump the size of a quarter on the right side, 2 fingers below my collar bone and about 3 fingers north from my right breast.

It doesn't move freely, when i put some pressure on it, it bother me a lil bit but not reaching pain. My skin colour is normal... not sure what else I should say.

I guess i'm wondering if this sounds serious enough to pay the huge dollars to get it checked. Thank you!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:48 pm

User avatar Hi mnpastor,
A persistent lump should be evaluated by a physician. Do you realize that there are many free clinics that provide access to health care? If you would like some assistance in locating services let me know and I will try to help you.
Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here