News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Dry lungs not going away

misspuppychow - Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:59 pm

I have allergies and my mom is a nurse at an allergy office so I get taken care of very well. Over spring break I was in an area that had high pollen and as a result and used Veramyst twice a day as well as Allegra D twice a day. Not only did it try my nose out, it also dried my lungs out.

However, that was two weeks ago and my lungs are still very dry. I have not used any allergy medicine and I have not used any decongestants. I have taken zero medication of any kind.

How do you moisture your lungs if they are not doing it on their own? It is a slight level of discomfort whenever I take a breath!
 Dr. A. Madia - Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:42 am

User avatar Hi,

Veramyst contains fluticasone, a steroid inhalation product. It will reduce secretions and make the mucus membranes dry. Allegra D contains Fexofenadine, an anti allergic plus pseudoephedrine, a decongestant. Allegra will also make the mucus membrane dry. However the effect of both of these will not last more than a day or two after stopping them.

But tell me. What do you mean exactly by a dry lung? Is it a dry cough? Or some irritation while breathing?

Apurva
 misspuppychow - Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:09 am

I don't really cough any more than normal, it is more of a strange feeling when I am breathing... I can just tell that my lungs are dried and it is pretty annoying. :) I have not used Veramyst or anything else since March 21 and the dryness has not improved.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here