Question: Itchy skin deep pain on right side of chest.

srcolt721 - Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:10 am

I have a weird problem.
I am a 36 Y/O male,
My mom is asthmatic and had her gall bladder removed about 6 to 10 years ago, My Grandma was a diabetic.
I was once hit by a car and have problems with a stiff neck on the left ever since; And I have been told I have GERD. Now… the issue.

I am experiencing a sort of/Kind of pain. It is hard to describe. It is “in” my chest, on the right side, and has been there for about a year and a half. It is usually a dull/ itchy pain that sometimes feels sharpish and it only feels skin deep most of the time, though it does seem to “go” deeper on occasion.

There is an area on my back directly opposite the spot on my chest which also “itches / tingles”.

Lately it has started to catch like A mild muscle cramp in my chest when I bend over to pick stuff up.
There are no other real symptoms… (No trouble breathing, no cough reaction, etc…)
Can anyone give me an idea of what this could be?

I have been trying to get in to see a doctor for almost a year but the only provider/s I can visit (financially) never have openings for me to visit them.
 Dr. A. Madia - Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:53 am

Any pain occurring on the right lower chest which is referred on the back too at the same level just possibly could result from gall bladder disease. However it is really very difficult to throw more light on this just from this information.

However since you say you have GERD, your symptom could be a manifestation of some acid reflux or gaseous distension of the intestine too.

I do advice you to see an internist about this to get a proper diagnosis and whatever treatment required.

Apurva

|