News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Upper Adomnial pain under Ribs, Nausia, Back Ache

anniesis - Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:38 pm

I'm 24 and a half weeks pregnant. I've been to the hospital twice for this problem and both times they've sent me home with no answers. The baby appears to be fine, and the urine test came back okay. At first we though galblatter? But they ran tests and said no. The conclusion was I ate something bad. I've had 8 attacks now in 2 weeks. Lately they are getting stronger. It may have something to do with when I eat? I have been eating small healthy meals but still can't get past it. It starts off with a pain between my rib cage, and under my right one. I also noticed when I press it feels almost like a button, like it is popping. I have get sick every time I get this feeling, and it seems nothing has been digesting. Also feels like there is a strong rubber band going all the way around me. The back ache is almost as bad as the abdominal pain. The pain is so bad i'm literally in tears. I can't see my doctor until the 7th, and the hospital is no use. When the attack comes it is hard to breathe, and feels like my ribs are crushing in on me. I looked up some the pain on google and thought maybe it's a Hiatal hernia, or maybe other hernia of some sort? Can someone please tell me what this might be so i can make the hospital or doctor look into possibilties?

Thankyou
 Dr. A. Madia - Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:34 am

User avatar Hi,

Severe upper abdominal pain has to do with several different diagnosis.

1. Hyperacidity

2. Hiatal Hernia where stomach acid goes into food pipe.

3. Pancratitis: Inflammation of the pancreas. Pain starts in upperabdomen and traverses to the back. associated with vomiting.

4. Liver inflammation.

5. muscular pain from lower chest muscles.

6. Gall bladder infection with stones.

7. Heart attack of the inferior wall of the left ventricle.

8. Rare cases Porphyria, a disorer of metabolism.

A thorough check up with relevant investigation will lead to the diagnosis.

Apurva

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here