Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Chest pain left side it feels like my heart

jartex30 - Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:57 pm

im 26 and last night I had some sharp chest pains while i was asleep. It woke me up as soon as i got up it was gone. It felt like little needle trying to go through my heart. This morning it is a little sore. Last night i had spicy fried chicken. I am 5 10 and weigh 210 lbs. a little over weight. This is the first time something like this has happen. Should i go see a doctor or should i forget about it? What do you think it was? Thanks
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:43 pm

User avatar Hi jartex30 -

First off, I can assure you the type of pain you describe is not cardiac-related. Heart pain (at least heart pain of any concern medically) is never stabbing, shooting or fleeing as you have described. It also never leaves a soreness on external touching or pressure. There are many many innocent possible causes for what you experienced, including that spicy fried chicken, but I think we can safely rule out heart problems as a cause of the pain.

That being said, 5-10 and 210 lbs. is more than a "little" overweight, and although you are only 26, the burden of the extra weight and the likely diet (see the fried chicken suspect above) can begin leaving plaque deposits in your arteries which can build up over a period of years. No sense in letting that happen.

Just a thought.

Hope you are sleeping through the night now.

|