Question: i have a really tight chest.

mazda_mai - Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Hello.
My name is Mai, and i am 15 years old. x

these past couple of days i have had a really, really tight chest, and have been stuggling to breath. I have had huge headaches, i mean really big ones, light sensative ones, and i cant swallow tablets. I have also been feeling really dizzy, tired and have had shortness of breath. I havent slept properly in ages either, i cant go to bed at say ten and will still be awake at 3.30am at the least. I also sometimes feel sort of detached and really spaced out.

I posted a topic about it on another forum i use(its a rabbit forum), and i got this reply of a member..

Hi. I have panic attacks and also hyperventilation disorder (where you breathe either too quickly or too deeply - normally from your chest instead of your diaphragm (sp?) ) This can cause lots of side effects and definately stress can be a factor. it could be the case you are slowly hyperventilating due to stress and this could cause the tight chest. Taking really deep breaths can worsen the problem as its caused by taking in too much oxygen and not exhaling enough C02. The best way to test is to put your hand on your chest and the other one on your diaphragm and when you breathe the hand on your chest shouldnt really rise and your other hand on your tummy should. If your chest rises more than the tummy one then you arent breathing properly.
To regulate your breathing you should count for 4 slowly on the inbreath and out for 5. It doesnt have to be exact for that but as long as the outbreath is for longer than the inbreath. Hope this helps and hope you are ok x

Common side effects are tiredness, dizzyness, shortness of breath and tightness in chest etc

I have all those symptoms that that member said. I am not breathing 'properly' either. Am i hyperventilating? things have been very stressful lately, as my mum is going through chemotherapy, could this have set it all of?

thank you for your time.

love mai xoxo
 mazda_mai - Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:26 am

ooh just another thing. Could it be ashma? I have always had a cough since i was born (accourding to mum) but have never been told i actuelly have ashma, but the gave me a blue inhaler anyway.

Thanks xoxox

|