News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Dyspnea

le_sah - Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:09 pm

I would like any advice or comments, any is appreciated. I am an active 25 yr old female who excercises regularly, average weight and height. For over a year I have been suffering with breathing difficulty. It was so bad las year I had to go to the ER. They believed it was due to anxiety. After a few months it subsided and now it is back and my breathing difficulty is even waking me up at night. Is there any suggestions, without a proper examination, of what it could be??
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:33 am

User avatar Hello,
It is very difficult to attempt to assess the cause of dyspnea over the internet.
A physician has to take many things into consideration while trying to diagnose the cause of dyspnea. This includes the associated symptoms and diseases, the character of dyspnea, risk factors such as age and family history.

Please check our dyspnea/index.htm" class="postlink">dyspnea page for a list of causes broken down into various categories.

You will see that the causes are broken down into 5 major categories. The doctor carefully excludes these causes until he reaches at the very end of the list psychogenic causes. This is diagnosed by exclusion.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here