Question: Dyspnea

le_sah - Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:09 pm

I would like any advice or comments, any is appreciated. I am an active 25 yr old female who excercises regularly, average weight and height. For over a year I have been suffering with breathing difficulty. It was so bad las year I had to go to the ER. They believed it was due to anxiety. After a few months it subsided and now it is back and my breathing difficulty is even waking me up at night. Is there any suggestions, without a proper examination, of what it could be??
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:33 am

It is very difficult to attempt to assess the cause of dyspnea over the internet.
A physician has to take many things into consideration while trying to diagnose the cause of dyspnea. This includes the associated symptoms and diseases, the character of dyspnea, risk factors such as age and family history.

Please check our dyspnea/index.htm" class="postlink">dyspnea page for a list of causes broken down into various categories.

You will see that the causes are broken down into 5 major categories. The doctor carefully excludes these causes until he reaches at the very end of the list psychogenic causes. This is diagnosed by exclusion.

|