News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Lung damage from snorting oxycontin

kellfoss - Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:43 pm

I'm a 37yr old female. I have a burning pain between my shoulder blades that started after i stopped snorting oxycodone. I was snorting hundreds of pills a month about 200 mill. aday of several differant kinds 10's 20's even 5 mill. oxycodone and oxycontins also taking methadone too. I did this for about 2yrs. i stopped in Dec.07 with the help of suboxone (i snorted that too) after coming off the suboxone i got shingles on my back, the pain was there about a month before the shingles. Ever sence then I wake up every morning feeling sick like the flu feeling it last about half hour, almost like withdrawls, i also have night sweats too. The Dr. says its post shingles pain, but what about the night sweats and sick feeling in the morning? Im afraid i damaged my lungs. I had a negative chest xray in Oct.07. All blood work is normal. This pain is very bad and its almost everyday. I did try Lyrica but it didnt help. Can this have caused lung damage? Im to embaressed to tell the Dr. about my past drug use to ask if it could be my lungs. I am a smoker also.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:49 pm

User avatar Hi kellfoss,
A chest x ray is a useful diagnostic study to identify lung disorders. Have you discussed with your physician regarding the presence of flu like symptoms and night sweats? If you have not I would encourage you to do so because additional diagnostics studies, i.e., labwork etc., may be warranted. Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here