News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Pneumonia

Question: Post pneumonia sputum

Docwhiskey - Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:45 am

In November of 2003 I had pneumonia (I was 24 at the time). Once I was diagnosed and treated I obviously started feeling better. However, since then I have been coughing up sputum almost on an every other day basis (it is mostly clear and thick, though occasionally it is white). My doctor doesn't seem to think anything of it, and I have had several chest x-rays since then and nothing has ever been found. But I am slightly worried as before I got pneumonia I never had this problem, but since I have. Is this something that I am going to just have to deal with, or is there something else at work here?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:25 am

User avatar Hello
This will probably get better but it is not unusual to have lingering symptoms such as this for a while. Without other signs of infection - fever, chills, etc. it is probably within the normal limits.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here