Forum Name: Asthma

Question: severe dust allergy-quick aid?

arnab321 - Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:15 am

im 14, m, and had never played for so long for the last five years i think. yesterday, i had been playing various games from noon, till 8pm, on the road. and u know the condition of roads in a typical indian city. others didnt have any problem, even i didnt feel the problem (wasnt actually aware of what would later happen) and was enjoying....thats why i continued playing for so long. but that night, i had severe nasal jam(or whaterer its called), and drops didnt seem to relive. i use Diconal. Of course, i could not sleep for long. already flushed my nose several times. my throat still seems sore, although i didnt cough. and the entite nasal passage seems sore with a kinda dry and slight burning feeling. today, the condition is little ok, with a slight pain in the forehead and right nose(i sneezed a lot), but i feel uncomfortable at that soreness. as soon as the nose is jammed, it starts watering and this is extremely irritating at the school.

any instant aid? dust is unavoidable here at roads and bare fields.

also, i have heard of "dust mite allergy", but never of "dust allergy". are there so many mites in roadside dust? what am i suffering from?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:47 pm

User avatar If indeed this is an allergic reaction to dust (i.e. a histamine reaction), then an antihistamine medication would suffice. Also, this time of the year, head colds are prevalent in which case symptoms like headace, stuffy nose, sore throat, fever, chills and cough are typical.
I would treat a runny stuffy nose with gentle nasal saline spray and an over the counter antihistamine. Ibuprofen or acetaminophen and salt water gargles for sore throat. If the nose becomes more dry with the antihistamine then stop it for a day or two.
Among other remedies, homemade chicken noodle soup is good for head colds.
If in doubt about what to do, call or see your family physician...and of course consult Mom or Dad.
 arnab321 - Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:29 am

I was out for the vacation so i couldnt access the computer for a while.
Can u suggest some natural antihistamines? Maybe some fruits or recipies.

well, its indeed a dust allergy.during the vacation at the village, i was completely ok. But again, as i reached the city today, my nose started to feel a little stuffy. No mucus though.

|