News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: post surgery breathing problems

madismom - Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:52 pm

I has sinus surgery last friday. They opened both frontal siunus cavities, removed polys and staightened by septum. After I came out of surgery I had trouble breathing, they gave be a breathing treatment and it helped. I also had trouble with the anithesisa. It made me sick at my stomach, very dizzy and I had trouble waking up. I am now one week out the sinuses are healing well but I am still having trouble breathing and get tired very fast. My chest feels like there is someone sitting on my lungs and my heart is pounding very heavy. It feels like I just ran around the block and I had to take a break. I am not able to breath out of my nose yet but I have never been able to breath out of my nose so I am use to only breathing out of my mouth.

My blood pressure is normal. I do have asthma but this does not feel like my asthma. It is different.
I asked my ENT and he does not really talk much.

Should I be concerned?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:42 pm

User avatar Hello,
Deep breathing is the key to removing all anesthesia and getting adequate oxygen. Make a conscious effort to do this several times throughout the day, making sure to expand your lungs deeply. If the symptoms continue you should be checked for possible pneumonia or asthma symptoms.

Best wishes
 tapehead - Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi. I too am seeking answers. I am scared of surgery but sinus surgery has been recommended.
Are there any less invasive options out there? I have been though the ringer with rinses and such and am at wit's end.
--------
Thanks in advance.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here