News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: chest and arm pain

katee - Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:31 pm

Im 18 and lately have been getting chest pain. i am quite inactive. when i get the pain it is not sharp but a dull aching pain and i get pain in my left arm like someone has punched me over and over. what would cause chest pain like this. can someone this young have heart trouble. i tried running today and after i stopped running i got the chest pain .
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:46 am

User avatar Hello:
You do not have to be a certain age to have "heart trouble". Anytime you experience chest pain and especially pain that radiates down either arm, up into the jaw or through to the back, it should be checked out. It is possible you are having only muscle spasms, but why risk it when you could find the answer out through a visit to your doctor and put your mind at rest.
Sincerely,
Carolyn
 katee - Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:53 am

i should also mention that i have been experiencing trouble breathing it feels like im in a sauna or breathing through a straw sometimes. i was also wondering what kind of tests i will have to go for?
 JournalThoughts - Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:35 pm

Two weeks ago on a Thursday morning I woke up about 3:00 AM with a terrible burning sensation in my chest and in both arms (elbows to wrist). This pain lasted till about nooon that day and then subsided.

On the next Saturday morning about 3:00 AM I again woke with that same sensation and it did not go away. On Sunday about 3:00 PM I visited a local Urgent Care facility and they went nuts and did all the test for heart attack but determined it was not a heart attack or angina but reflux. I had not had a reflux attack since 1983 so I was very surprised.

The doctors suggested I take a reflux medication and that was all. Went to my military doctor and he suggested the same thing.

Now here it is Friday and I am still having these sensations off and on for about twenty minutes around 5:00 PM but it is not burning this time it is just a dull ache in my arms and an uneasy feeling in my chest.

Suggestions
 kcteach - Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:17 pm

I have a question about chest pain. I'm a 49 year old female who has been having a dull ache on the left side of my chest. It has only been in the last 4 months. The pain is not bad, but I also have a pain under my left shoulder blade. Sometimes I can feel it on the right side. My left arm aches sometimes, also. I have had a stress test and an echocardiogram. My cardiologist says my heart is fine, even though an EKG showed a past heart attack. Two different doctors showed an EKG with a past heart attack. My doctor assures me it is not my heart. There is no damage to the heart. I was told the EKG's were probably false/positives. Any ideas on what might be causing the pain?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here