Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: please help - should i go to a doc?

 nobody - Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:25 am

i am at a total loss. when i do stomach crunches, or try to touch my toes for more than a few seconds, or sometimes even when i sit forward from laying on my back, something in my chest area pops up between the bottom of my ribs, like it is out of place. it hurts like crazy and i can generally fix it quickly by leaning as far back as possible. it goes back in place and doesn't hurt at all anymore. i told a friend once who is a nurse and she looked at me like i am nuts, but when it happens, you can actually see a lump and my husband is my witness. recently it has been happening easier than ever. can you think of any possible cause for this? should i go to a doc, or is he likely to look at me like i am nuts too? thank you for your time.
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:15 pm

User avatar Hi!

As long as it hurts oneself, it shouldn't matter what others might think of oneself. Although not all pain can be traced to a source, it should be worth a look by your doctor.

 nobody - Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:29 am

thank you for taking the time to reply.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us