News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Asthma

Question: allergic type reaction

dgh - Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:56 am

For the last week and a half i've been experiencing itching sometimes severe on the legs, groin and buttocks area. The buttocks area has been extremely bad lately with quite a few almost dime size welts. My legs and groin do not exhibit any irritation, just scratches from me itching intensly. I have not changed anything in my routine since before this started and I don't know how or what to do for a remedy.

Can you help? I have tried over the counter Benadryl
 Dr. D. Sawh - Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:32 am

Dear dgh, Before I could adequately respond to your problem, I have to ask you a few questions:1) WHAT IS YOUR OCCUPATION?
2) HAVE YOU ANY PETS IN YOUR HOME, GARDEN,ETC.?
3) DID U AT ANY TIME COME INTO DIRECT CONTACT WITH RAGWEED, POISON OAK/ IVY, OR ANY OTHER PLANT ALLERGEN?
4) ARE U CURRENTLY USING ANY MEDICATION(S)? IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY AND FOR HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN USING THEM?
5) DOES ANYONE IN YOUR IMMEDIATE/ EXTENDED FAMILY TROUBLE FROM ANY ALLERGIES? IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY & ARE THEY UTILISING ANY MEDICATIONS AT PRESENT? NAME MEDICATIONS IF U DON'T KNOW.
6) HAVE U VISITED YOUR FAMILY PHYSICIAN LATELY FOR ANY ILLNESS? IF SO, HOW LONG AGO? WHAT WAS THE DIAGNOSIS? ANY TREATMENT(S)--- KINDLY NAME THEM. DID YOUR DOCTOR GIVE YOU A PENICILLIN SHOT--- HOW LONG AGO & FOR WHAT?

I NEED TO KNOW A.S.A.P. SO THAT I MIGHT BE OF ASSISTANCE TO YOU IN OBTAINING ALMOST IMMEDIATE RELIEF. LOOKING FORWARD TO A SWIFT RESPONSE.

YOURS TRULY, D.SAWH Pharm.D., M.D., F.R.C.P.(U.K.)
Code: Select all
[color=green][/color]
Code: Select all

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here