News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Cold Question

Jenniec - Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:25 pm

I have this cold and I am a little worried because there is this white powdery substance on my tongue and when I cough it is yellow and green. Is this just normal? Thanks
Jen
 syndicate - Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:29 pm

yeah that is definetly normal. It could be sinus infection and or possibly just a virus. I have that everyday. I was actually prescribed some pillz but i don't take them becuase i forget to take them usually.
 Jenniec - Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:14 pm

Not to be blunt at all, but it sounds like a health problem if you have it everyday, don't you think? But you may be right, I just thought I would ask on here since it is answered by doctors.
Cheerio
Jen
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:30 am

User avatar Hi Jenniec,
If your cough is green or yellow this signals the presence of a bacterial infection. If you have a fever you should be on antibiotics. If you are constantly breathing from your mouth instead of your nose (because of the flu) then it would be normal to have white substance on your tongue as a result of dehydration of the mucous membranes of the mouth. This leads to desquamation or shedding off of epithelial cells. If however, your mouth is sore and the white substance is sticky and thick it could be moniliasis. This is more common in diabetics. I understand that you do not have this condition.
 Jenniec - Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:08 pm

Will this go away by its self? It is just a cold then?
I am not diabetic, and I was breathing through my mouth.
Thanks
Jenn

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here