Question: Cold Question

Jenniec - Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:25 pm

I have this cold and I am a little worried because there is this white powdery substance on my tongue and when I cough it is yellow and green. Is this just normal? Thanks
Jen
 syndicate - Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:29 pm

yeah that is definetly normal. It could be sinus infection and or possibly just a virus. I have that everyday. I was actually prescribed some pillz but i don't take them becuase i forget to take them usually.
 Jenniec - Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:14 pm

Not to be blunt at all, but it sounds like a health problem if you have it everyday, don't you think? But you may be right, I just thought I would ask on here since it is answered by doctors.
Cheerio
Jen
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:30 am

User avatar Hi Jenniec,
If your cough is green or yellow this signals the presence of a bacterial infection. If you have a fever you should be on antibiotics. If you are constantly breathing from your mouth instead of your nose (because of the flu) then it would be normal to have white substance on your tongue as a result of dehydration of the mucous membranes of the mouth. This leads to desquamation or shedding off of epithelial cells. If however, your mouth is sore and the white substance is sticky and thick it could be moniliasis. This is more common in diabetics. I understand that you do not have this condition.
 Jenniec - Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:08 pm

Will this go away by its self? It is just a cold then?
I am not diabetic, and I was breathing through my mouth.
Jenn

|