Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Perfect 4 by 4 pearly white mucous bubble

dkgsyndrome - Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:57 pm

Let me try this one. I have for the past 13 years been coughing up mucous bubbles normally about 2-3 times a week. My past doctors don't have a clue. I have even saved them and taken them to an endocrinologists and an internist. That is how I know that it's a 4 by 4. Has any one experienced it or know what causes them. I can feel them building in my throat and then I just open my mouth and I don't want to say cough because I fake a cough if I'm in public so that I can catch it with out anyone seeing it. At home I just gag.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:11 am

User avatar Hi dkgsyndrome,
Have you ever had a pulmonary function study to rule out any lung disfunction such as asthma etc.? Do you have any shortness of breath etc.? If no function studies have been done it seems to me that this would be warranted.
 dkgsyndrome - Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:45 pm

I'm sorry, I had ruled out and decided to stop going to doctors but additional things are going on so I am back on the hunt for someone to help me.

I have never had a pulmonary function test, so thank you and I will have one done. I sound like I ran a marathon when i go to the mail box or walk up the stairs in my house.

I do not have asthma, it runs heavily in my family and it's been ruled out year ago. The mucous bubbles have been going on a very long time, the shortness of breath has been rapid the last 5 or less years.

Again thank you and I will have the lung disfunction test, maybe it's something similar to asthma. No one i know with asthma coughs up this bibble.
 Yodoteniaga - Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:51 pm

when you say a "mucouse bubble"....are you referring to little round white things that you cough up? if so i think i've done that on occasion....
 dkgsyndrome - Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:12 am

a pearly white 4X4mm bubble of mucous. I had a pulmonary function test which I failed, so I am now waiting on the results of a CT Scan and a Barium Tablet Xray.

|