News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Hole in Lung

Goldfinger - Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:14 pm

Not sure where to post this topic so I posted here.

I developed a hole in my lung a few months ago and the symptoms were my body seemed to be turning puffy all over, They had to operate and close the hole in my lung up. Does anyone know what the condition is called when oxygen gets into the body through a hole in the lung causing puffiness throughout your body? I need the information for a report since I could not get ahold of my doctor as he was on vacation.

Thanks
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm

User avatar Hello --

This is the right venue for your question, and the answer to your question is that you suffered an episode of subcutaneous emphysema (the bodily puffiness) secondary to spontaneous bullous pneumothorax (the hole in your lung).

I hope this answers your question adequately. Good luck to you.
 Goldfinger - Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:35 am

Thanks for the reply and the answer!!!!! You've been a great help.

Steve

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here