Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Hole in Lung

Goldfinger - Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:14 pm

Not sure where to post this topic so I posted here.

I developed a hole in my lung a few months ago and the symptoms were my body seemed to be turning puffy all over, They had to operate and close the hole in my lung up. Does anyone know what the condition is called when oxygen gets into the body through a hole in the lung causing puffiness throughout your body? I need the information for a report since I could not get ahold of my doctor as he was on vacation.

John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm

This is the right venue for your question, and the answer to your question is that you suffered an episode of subcutaneous emphysema (the bodily puffiness) secondary to spontaneous bullous pneumothorax (the hole in your lung).

I hope this answers your question adequately. Good luck to you.
 Goldfinger - Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:35 am

Thanks for the reply and the answer!!!!! You've been a great help.

Steve

|