News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Asthma

Question: Asmanex and small pox vacination

wyobull - Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:55 pm

I would like to know if there is any problem with getting a small pox vacination while regularly using Asmanex to treat asthma. One of the precautions I read stated that people using steriods need to take precaution but I could not find any more information than the precaution.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed May 06, 2009 8:58 pm

User avatar Hello --

There should be no special reason to avoid combining a smallpox vaccination with use of Asthmanex. The steroid warning does make sense, but there's no steroid component to smallpox vaccine, and if anything the Asthmanex may actually reduce any mild reaction to the vaccination.

Hope this answers your concern. Good luck to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here