Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: incessant hard cough

alman7005 - Mon May 04, 2009 1:19 pm

Dear Dr.

I complain from cough from long time about more than two years.
During this period, I visit the health center to take sedatives. Nowadays I went to internal doctor and told him about the problem. He made a blood test and discovered a microbe in my stomach, which cause the cough as he said. Also, I told him that I reject everything I eat continuously after finishing from food.

Without taking other tests like X-ray, he prescribed some of medicines.

I am writing these words to consult you about his diagnosis and the prescription before I purchase the medicines.

The papers are found in this link:
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/1 ... t-zip.html

Thank you
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu May 14, 2009 8:36 pm

The file linked in your post wouldn't open, although it was clearly the right one. However, given your description of the problem it sounds very likely you were diagnosed with h. pylori bacterial infection of the stomach, which was also causing some reflux which can cause a cough. While it is generally wise to have an endoscopy done to see if the bacterium has caused an ulcer, antibiotics are the correct treatment and the symptoms you describe do fit. This can be diagnosed via blood test, so if the situation begins to improve with the medicine you will probably continue to improve.

I hope this is helpful. I will come back and try the linked file site again later, and if I find anything additional will comment here, but I think it's pretty clear what's happened.

Good luck to you. Please follow up here as needed.

|