Question: Sharp pain in right-side of chest

Leslie27 - Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:25 am

My father passed away recently and I have been undergoing more stress than ever before. Just yesterday, I began to feel a sharp pain in the upper right part of my chest. This sharp pain will be there for a few seconds and then go away. It has been doing this on and off all throught the day. Is this directly related to stress?
 Kathy C, RN - Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:00 am

Hi Leslie, I am sorry about the loss of your father. Grief can be an extreme emotion that if allowed to come out can also be cleansing and healing. I know for me that talking about it helps tons.
About your pain, it could be so many things but the first one that comes to mind is gall bladder? It can present with colic type pain tpyically a few hours after you eat. Please see your physician about it. You did not mention if the pain is related to breathing, movement or anything else.
I hope this helps.

|