News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Dull chest discomfort near left breast

lm79 - Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:14 pm

I have a list of weird symptoms and I have no idea if they are related. About a month ago I noticed that my neck was abnormally stiff and my lung capacity seemed reduced somewhat. My neck seemed somewhat swollen mostly on the lower right side though the left side may have been a little swollen to. I was having some mild pain behind my ears and in my jaw. Oddly enough, though I don't think it was related, my left top eyelid was twitching uncontrollably for 2 weeks leading up to me going to the doctor. However, I had no other symptoms like a sore throat or cough that would suggest a cold. I went to the doctor and she gave me a zpak. It didn't seem to help much while I was on it, but it does seem that now 2 weeks later the swelling in my neck seems to be gone though my neck is still kind of stiff, my eye isn't twitching and I only have occassional ear pain. On a side note the ear pain is really weird cause I've had the exact pain before and for the last couple years, but its only when I drink alcohol. However, I'm writing this post because I'm still having discomfort that won't go away in my left chest area. Its really dull but pretty constant. Its more discomfort than pain. There's also discomfort on my back around the same place opposite the discomfort in my chest. When I take a deep breath my lungs feel fine, but occassionally it does make the chest pain feel worse. I am 30 and have a past history of smoking though not that recently. I'm really concerned cause lung cancer has a symptom of dull achy pain in the chest and I don't really know what that means. My pain is dull, but I don't know if that really matches what a doctor would consider dull. All the symptoms I've explained seemed to start at the same time, so that's why I'm including everything. If somebody could give me an idea of what's going on I'd appreciate it.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:56 am

User avatar Hello,While most of the symptoms mentioned fall under myalgia,and fibrositis and do not indicate any serious disease, it is best discussed with your physician and get baseline investigations done.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here