News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: servire chest pains that travel to back please help

scream519 - Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:03 pm

Chest pain in the middle of my chest when i sit/lay down also it occurs when i eat or drink this pain makes me sweat and travels to my lower back and no pain killers work on it, it stops me sleeping. The pain is frequent at night time please can any one help.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 am

User avatar Most likely reflux oesopagitis.The stomach acid is ok for the stomach but if it travels up due to a weak valve,touches the oesophagus leads to severe pain.Do not lie down immedietly after food.You may also need antacids,and anti spasmodics.If persits get a cardiogram.
 JrRivers - Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:53 am

I have had chest and back (left side) pains for about two week. The pain is mostly in the lower left side of my body. the Pain is low and happens for hours. I was a smoker and drinker. I have started running and feel fine when i do. Is there anyway to tested myself, and what types of test will a doctor do to help me. I have no health insurance.

Thank you
J.R.
 JrRivers - Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:11 am

24 male Black. I have had low chest and back pains on the left side of my body for about 2 weeks. the pain is mostly in the low left side of my chest and moves up and down the left side, sometimes can last for hours and starts with a burning feeling that feel like my heart. My back feels over worked on the left mid side. I was a smoker and drinker right before I started to feel the pain and have stoped. I have started to run and feel fine when and after I run. Are there any types of test I can do myself and what type would a doctor do to help me...

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here