News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Uncomfortable feeling when lieing down

badgaz1 - Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:00 pm

Hello, Over the last couple of months I have been getting an uncomfortable feeling at the bottom area of my ribcage when I am lieing on my back (It isnt painful just uncomfortable). It is quite hard to describe how it feels it just kind of feels like the area around the bottom of my ribs is opening up and normally when I am trying to sleep I position some of my cover around the area to make it feel more comfortable.

I felt quite reluctant to post this as the description is pretty bad and kind of makes it sound worse than it is but its quite a hard feeling to describe but its worth a try I guess. Its not like immensely bad or anything I just figured it would be good just to ask about it here to see if I could get a little bit of input about what could be causing it.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:27 am

User avatar Hi badgaz1,
Is the uncomfortable feeling present at any other time? Does it worsen with inspiration? Any particular eating habits that makes this worse? Which side is the pain located?
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here