Question: Increased pain, cough and mucous production with costo?

calamityjane123 - Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:52 am

Hi there,

I have been diagnosed as hyperthyroid, with costochondritis, hiatal hernia, carpal tunnel, and fibromyalgia. It seems to me that this is all too pat. Doctors keep adding a name to pain they can't seem to figure out.

They've given me Robaxacet, ranitidine, nexium to no effect. They seem to think that I have GERD but I never have heartburn. Robaxacet just made my stomach hurt and made me dizzy but did nothing for the pain. As did nexium. They say I have fibromyalgia but my muscles don't hurt. I have a stabbing pain under both ribs, the classic costo pain on my sternum, all I have to do is shift in my chair and all the ribs joints crack with a sound like tearing beef jerky. The pain radiates, stabbing like an ice pick into my back, and I have great difficulty breathing deeply, especially breathing at night or at rest. I'm constantly tired and weak. The pain in the morning is so terrible sometimes I think I'll pass out. My coughing is also very very bad in the AM. A hot shower will usually bring the pain to manageable levels for a short time. I also have constant sinus infections with post nasal drip that antibiotics never seem to clear up. Lately I've been getting bladder infections and lower abdominal pain that literally feels like my bladder is going to pop out the bottom of me. The only thing that has ever helped (and it helped 100%) is prednisone. Which they seem reluctant to try again.

I've had a chest xray, mammogram (I have fibrocystic breats that making reading it difficult), and blood tests. I have been begging for a CT scan for over 2 years since this all started with a very sore throat that felt like I had a sea urchin deep in the base of my throat.

My throat has now been swollen concurrently for 2 weeks, and I can almost feel the esophageal walls clicking and closing together. I feel like I'm trying to breathe under water, coughing up more mucous than ever before, which has no real taste but a sticky texture and there's a tearing feeling in my throat and I can sometimes taste a coppery taste like blood, which is different from the salty mucous I get in my throat from post nasal drip. I stuck a toothbrush back there and came out with a small clot of blood. My voice is getting hoarser.

Another issue is my circulation. I have none. Unless it's above 25 degrees celcius, I'm freezing and my hands turn a mottled purple color, and I sometimes get pins and needles in arms and legs when at rest.

Please help me. I can't take this anymore. It hurts too much. I'm terrified I really have lung cancer or leukemia, and that I keep getting brushed off.
 calamityjane123 - Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:16 pm

I forgot to mention - I am B12 deficient, and last blood tests seemed to confirm that whatever was causing the hyperthyroidism seems to be going away. I've never taken any meds for it. Just herbal teas since the meds they tried to give me made my blood vessels in my head swell and the only thing that helped was ice. The meds began with the letter T....tapocet? Something like that?

Also, I am a smoker, half pack a day. The recent swelling and wheezing and pain has finally convinced me to quit and I am on day 2. Also, my nose is stuffy but there is nothing in it. It's like its all collecting in my sinuses and causing pain there also. It's been there so long I barely notice the pressure and pain, I've gotten used to it but it hurts.

It's the swelling in my throat, breathing problems and mucous thats really worrying me at this point. Also, my skin is dry and parchment-like. I bruise very easily and very big, completely out of proportion to the injury. My nails are weak, my hair is dry. And I've been getting worse and worse headaches, with vomiting in the morning (definitely not pregnant - I'm menstruating) and my bowels are usually a mess and have been for the last two years. Chronic diarrheia. (sic) I've also had breast pain and discharge, a clear fluid.

|