Question: Coughin for nearly 1 year and don't know what the problem is

Ghost123 - Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:34 am

Hi, I'm 24 years old and I have no diseases or any sort of conditions. However, I do have big tonsils in which they never hurt me. For like a year now I've been constantly coughing. I've gone to my family doctor and he checked everything and he said that my glands were inflamed and he wrote me zpac antibiotics and gave me cough medicine. He looked at my tonsils and said that they were pretty back and I had to get them taken out. The medication didn't do anything and I wanted to get a second opinion on the tonsils issue in which I went to a second doctor and he told me that as long as they don't hurt and there is no yellow or white stuff on them i dn't have to get them removed. I get alot of mucus in my throat and it feels like somthing is stuck in there. When i got to sleep at night i do have trouble breathing. I've also tried mucus medicine to thickin the mucus but nothing seems to help. I don't have a high fever at all but somtimes my coughs are really bad. I don't know who to go to or what the cause is for this issue. Should I get a chest xray or go to a tonsil doctor?
 camara - Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:42 pm

Hello there, im not a doctor, but i had a friend who had a similar problem. His doctor in the end found out that it was to do with his work invironment, he actually worked near a factory which had a lost of dust in the air. Some peoples lungs can get irritated by dust (esp dust particles that come from sanding stone or rock).

If you are coughing its most probably to do with your lungs rather your tonsils.

Hope this is of help.
C

|