News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Asthma

Question: could it be astham?

cheermom1993 - Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:52 am

Hi I am attempting to obtain just an opinion.

In brief I am a 38yr old woman however, in childhood I had milk allergy and was actually taken from my mother due to suspicion of neglect. I was also diagnosed with hypoglycemia, hay fever, dust, pollen; animal allergies. I also suffered severe migraine headaches took prescribed darvocete. I suffered constant severe nosebleeds that were like turning on a faucet. I underwent surgery to burn the ends to stop the bleeds. Had tubes placed in my ears had to take speech. I do not remember exactly why but my mother would make me stay in the house with the a/c running. I also experienced ear infections, pneumonia, bronchitis and sinuses problems. Every time I have been to an ENT I am told I have a hole inside my nose. I have noticed that for approx. the last 10 yrs I have experienced adult pneumonia, bronchitis and at minimum experienced getting cold like symptoms and loss of voice, ear infection, tmj etc. Never really thought much about it. However, within the last 4 months things got worse. I have had two upper respiratory infections sinuses congestion, ear infection and loss of voice. My voice has been basically gone for the last 4 months. I have noticed an increase of general fatigue, shortness of breath, out of breath easily upon activity, chest tightness, heartburn, consistent cough, difficulty sleeping, sneezing, runny/stuffy nose, crusty nose coughing, postnasal drip, itchy nose and throat, puffyness under the eyes, watery and itchy eyes, dry mouth waking up, dry/tickle in throat etc.

Could it be just allergies or could it be adult onset of asthma or something completely diffrent?

Thank you for your time. Any information would be helpful.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon May 02, 2005 1:22 pm

User avatar Hi there!
I would recommend you get a chest x-ray done if one has not been done recently. If a diagnosis is not reached then spirometry (lung function tests) should be performed to help reach a diagnosis. It can confirm the presence of asthma or chronic bronchitis.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here