Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Possible Allergy to Exercise??????

modechick - Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:29 pm

Hello out there. I really could use some help, please.

Recently, I've been trying to workout more strenuously and regularly.
At the end of last year, I got really sick with salmonella and was hospitalized for two weeks. I was vommiting and more. Therefore I lost an absurd amount of weight and now I'm in the process of really trying to put it back on and turn it into muscle. Here in lies the problem.
When I exercise strenuously, I seem to develop a severe headache either during or anywhere up to hours later. It's a pounding headache that makes me feel nauseous. Usually, I wind up vommiting violently for hours after and the headache will continue through the night and eventually go away.
The exercise I'm doing isn't anything out of the ordinary, nor is it that extreme that it warrants this. I also notice that I seem to sweat profusely from my face, almost like in buckets. It only takes about a minute in for this to happen. I never see anyone sweat from the face like this.
I also seem to get really hot and overheated very quickly while doing any physical activity.
Also, if I'm out in the heat and sun for a few hours, that sometimes does the same thing to me. Later I will develop the pounding headache and evetually I will get sick. :oops:

I read online that this could be an allergy to exercise, but the people who have that seem to get hives or their throat constricts. I don't seem to have that problem.

I've ignored this issue for so long, but now I feel I no longer can. I need to know what's wrong and what I can do to mitigate it. I just want to be able to exercise like a normal human-being and be able to go walking outside on a hot summer's day without worrying that I will be sick like a dog all throught the night just because of one half-hour.

I really would like to get myself healthy and need as much help as possible. Please help!!!!

Thank you so very much. :lol:

- C
 cindyjoe - Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:20 am

All of your symptoms sound like dehydration to me. I am not in the medical field so maybe someone out there can be of more help, but I found that plenty of water before, during, and after exercise helped quite a bit. I used to have the very same symptoms and never believed I was dehydrated. Eventually I gave the water thing a try and it worked!

I hope you can find an easy solution to your symptoms.
 modechick - Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:44 am

Dear Cindyjoe:

Thank you so very much for your reply. I greatly appreciated it.

I'm not quite sure it's dehydration though because I figured the same awhile ago and I load up on water when working out, before and after. Somehow, I still just wind up getting sick and vommiting that up too later.

I agree that my symptoms definitely fit the description of dehydration, but I'm not sure it's that because of my experience.

Again, I am very grateful that you took the time to reply to my inquiry. Thank you. :D

- C

|