News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: strange chest pain...

usmc_angel_110384 - Tue May 10, 2005 7:54 pm

im a 19 year old female with spina bifida...im only 4 ft 10 inches tall and i weigh 164 pounds...i recently started working out regularly and dieting regularly and ive been doing this for about 2 weeks now...the pain started about 4 or 5 days ago...it is very minimal and isnt really pain..it is, but its more of an annoyance than anything..its starting to worry me because i don't know what it could be..the pain is located above my left breast and only happens when i move a certain way, and only lasts for about 3 seconds...not sure what it could be...ive been told by friends that it could be from working out...my muscles all over my whole body could have gotten so weak that the working out might be whats causing it...any help is greatly appreciated...thank you!!
Sheena Strehlke
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed May 11, 2005 3:16 am

User avatar Hi there,
It does sound like a muscle strain that may have resulted from your working out. If the pain intensifies, or develops only during exercise to be relieved by rest (heart pain) or if you develop any new symptoms then please consult your physician at once. Otherwise, a pain killer and/or muscle relaxanted coupled with some rest should do the job.
Best regards,
 usmc_angel_110384 - Wed May 11, 2005 9:49 pm

thank you for your response...the pain is still there and has not intensified or changed...i'll keep you all informed!! thank you again!!
Sheena Strehlke

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here