Question: Kicking Pain Under Right Rib Cage

keeper6101 - Sun May 22, 2005 4:23 pm

Dear Sir/Madame:

Yesterday, I was standing in the kitchen and suddenly a sharp pain exploded under my right lower rib cage. It was like someone was repeatedly kicking me from the inside out. When I placed my hand in the area, I could feel the movement of kicks. It came on in spirts. At one time, it was so intense that I was screaming. Then after about ten minutes of the kicking going away and coming back, it stopped.

Later on today, it came back for a few kicks but was nothing like the day before. Any ideas as to what this is would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Mon May 23, 2005 2:22 pm

The "kicks" were probably due t muscle spasms sue to some local reaction (I need to know more about your your symptoms, your age and so on before I can comment on this). I suggest you take some antacid suspension for the time being and report how you feel.

|