News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Kicking Pain Under Right Rib Cage

keeper6101 - Sun May 22, 2005 4:23 pm

Dear Sir/Madame:

Yesterday, I was standing in the kitchen and suddenly a sharp pain exploded under my right lower rib cage. It was like someone was repeatedly kicking me from the inside out. When I placed my hand in the area, I could feel the movement of kicks. It came on in spirts. At one time, it was so intense that I was screaming. Then after about ten minutes of the kicking going away and coming back, it stopped.

Later on today, it came back for a few kicks but was nothing like the day before. Any ideas as to what this is would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Mon May 23, 2005 2:22 pm

The "kicks" were probably due t muscle spasms sue to some local reaction (I need to know more about your your symptoms, your age and so on before I can comment on this). I suggest you take some antacid suspension for the time being and report how you feel.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here