Question: chest tightness

swinters - Wed May 25, 2005 2:28 pm

i have been having tightness in my upper chest for the last year and a half. i went to my cardiologist because i take meds for high cholestro. he did a stress test on the treadmill ad also a ultrasound on my heart and then just so he would not miss anything i also had the stress test where there is medication and xrays involved. everything was alright and he said not to be concered.

i am stll having this tighness in my chest and it is making my crazy. what else could be causing this feeling?? it comes and goes. i use the treadmill at home and i don't have it then. sometimes i notice it after i have coffee, but i have been drinking coffee for years with not problem. i only have one cup and then it is half decafe. please advise. thank you.
 Dr. Elias Barrios MD - Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:05 pm

although I am a pediatrician I still can help you. Your doctor ran all those test and they were normal therefore most probably the problem is due to stress . Stress has many forms to be manifested one of those is the chest pain that can be relieve with normal analgesics, antiinflamatory drugs and Vit B complex, excersise and a good diet.

|