News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Can Sarcoid Be ...

messalina - Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:03 am

:? Sarcoid has made itself known in a few members of my family including one of my sons. I had a sis who had such a pronounced case she perished of complications from it. I am having breathing problems ... Not getting enough air at times or just exhausted by climbing 6 stairs. I use eye drops and at times when I have to hold my headback to instill the drops I find myself breathless. I can hold my breath for about 25 seconds and even while i'm at rest I sometimes need to find a breath of air.

I do at times have pressure in my chest that seems to abate when I press the place of the pressure ... which is never severe or painful, just annoying. My Dr. had me do scans for mediastinal widening but the scans can back "No significant abnormality."

My question is: How pronounced does Sarcoid need be to be diagnosed with it? Can it be so slight that it could be mistaken for something else?

Thank you!
 Dr. J. Jennings - Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:37 pm

Sometimes a cat scan can be negative with sarcoid. OR your shortness of breath may be from something else. I don't know if you are a heavy smoker or whether in your occupation you are breathing in an agent that injres the lungs. In any case you need a "pulmonary function test" to diagnosie your problem as well as to quantify how bad (or mild) the problem is....

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here