News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Pain down left side.

Anonymous - Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:47 pm

I had a collapsed lung in December 04. Occasionally i get pain in my left side, cramping pain, ocassionally feels like something is pulsing, but it's not always in the same place and quite random, sometimes it hurts, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone it has come and gone since i had my collapsed lung and i have been to see my Doctor, she says i can expect pay for anything upto a year after my collapsed lung.

For the last few days it has been back but seems there more often, it sometimes hurts when i breathe in deeply and sometimes it doesn't. To make it worse i woke up with a sore throat in the middle of Thursday night, today is now Saturday and i lost my voice completely at work, i can only really whisper, hoping my voice will be back within a day or so.

Do you think i was getting the pains in my side as a result of the sore throat being on it's way making me extra sensitive?

I am worrier at the best of times and this does worry me, i try not to panic over things, i just want to be ok and to get go on with my life. I get scared when it comes to hospitals and i get worried when im there.

Anyway back to the point, what do you think the pains in my side are? Sometimes they are also round the front of my chest. Is my doctor correct?

Hopefully you can supply me with an answer and i would be very grateful.

Allan
 Anonymous - Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:20 pm

Just want to add a few things:

I have had an annoying chesty cough for around 3-4 weeks before this, wasn't really bothering me too much as i wast coughing often, maybe 2-3 coughs an hour.

Sometimes the pain in my chest scares me as the tight pain sometimes feels around my heart, but my doctor was 100% adamant it had nothing to do with my heart, so im hoping by her saying that, she has listened to my heart and is also confident in my health.

Out of curiosity when i visited her i told her i sometimes feel short of breath and also i get quite anxious when reading forums like this or imagining all sorts of problems within my chest.

She let me take the Asthma test and on the meter i could only blow upto 500 when she said i should be blowing to 700, but she said it wasn't a big deal and she was fairly sure i wasnt asmathic.

I am around 5 foot 10 inches tall and i weigh 9.5 stone

I am probably making most stuff in my head and hopefully there is just a simple explanation, when i get anxious i feel ten times worse. The anxiety making me short of breath is a horrible feeling, when i concentrate on my breathing action, thats when its worst. When your not conscious off your breathing, thats when i don't notice a thing, which makes me think i probably don't have a breathing problem and it is the anxiety.

Anyway, sorry, i have left you a lot of things to take into consideration, if you would like anymore info, just ask.

Allan

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here