Question: right side of chest pain

alleyjd - Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:39 am

for almost two weeks now i'm having pain on the right s ide of my chest. My ribs are sensitve to the touch and the pain is sharp and severe. My dr xrayed my chest and no signs of organ damage or excess gas so he put me on ultracet. He told me to watch out for a rash due to shingles. it's been a week since my visit and the ultracet didn't do anything and now the pain is increased. he has since put me on relafen. the pain hurts when i take deep breaths, laugh, cough, and now is constant all the time around my lower rib cage. it feels as if someone has hit me with a baseball bat. any thoughts?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:50 am

User avatar You more than likely have costochondritis, which is an inflammation of the cartiledge between the ribs. It is painful and can take a long time to heal. It is important to avoid any strenuous upper body activity, as this will only stop the healing process.

Stay on the antiinflammatories, they work much better when taken regularly exactly as directed, and give it time. :D

|