Question: my chest feels weird

Omseti - Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:25 pm

the centre on my chest feel weird when i breath in a out it feels like something in there like flem moveing around. it some time takes way my breath. i spit or some time cought up alot of white flem some times green an nose always stuff up. There also is a small lump under the skin where the chest feels weird . i had a chest xray done and they found nothing. i do have asthma but only when sick. this has been going on for four months i just need to fined out what this is because i don;t like feel this way and it make not want to go out
:(
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:06 pm

User avatar Do you smoke?
 Omseti - Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:58 pm

Ilovepatients wrote:Do you smoke?
no
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:21 pm

User avatar You may have allergies that causes chronic sinusitis, drainage and coughing up of phlegm. Call your doctor and ask about taking some non-drowsy antihistamines; either over the counter or prescription.
 Scoobydoo - Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:39 am

Hi

I am a 43 yr old female. I have had constant chest discomfort now since Aug. I had a heavy cold at the end of July with blocked sinuses and a few days phlegmy cough at the tail end. I was ok for about a week or two and then this strange pain/discomfort started just in the right side. It's not a sharp pain or a stabbing pain just an ongoing discomfort. Sometimes it spreads out and i seem to feel it then in my back or aroung the ribs at the front and side, and occasionally i feel it in the other side of my chest. It is not affected by breathing in or out or exercise and i don't have a cough. I am a light smoker (4-5 a day) but am also pretty fit and active. My GP didn't think there was much to it and felt an x-ray wouldn't reveal anything. He seemed reassured that my peak flow rate was 450. What i don't understand is why this doesn't either a) develop into something more or b) go away. By the way, what would the pain of lung cancer feel like as i think this is my root fear!

|