News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: My husband won't see a doctor for chest pains on right side

janmomsis - Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:56 pm

:cry: My husband hasn't seen a doctor in 10 years. He is 200 pounds (or more) and 5'6". He has been getting sharp pains on the right side of his chest for the last three days. I know he has been under an unusual amount of stress and since he won't go to a doctor - what can I do? He takes climentine and zantac (just added today) for his normal gas issues.
 Derek H, RN - Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:31 pm

Hello, there's no easy way to say this but your husband has to see a doctor asap just to get checked out, it may be absolutely nothing but he has to have tests done to determine what is going on here.

Let me know of his decision
 Jennifer R.N. - Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:29 pm

I know men can be stubborn. I have one of those myself. They think if they don't know about it then it's all OK. He really needs to be seen. What a little blood work gonna hurt? That will probably be the most invasive thing they do. You just have to be firm with him I guess but I know it's impossible sometimes. Good luck. :roll:

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here