News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Left side chest discomfort

dark2025 - Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:59 pm

I'm 18, never smoked (cigarettes or otherwise), and only a slight social drinker. Recently I've noticed a discomfort on the left side of the chest. At certain times when it's really bad it feels like there's a hamster in the left lung trying to squirm its way out, but usually when I do feel it, it's just a slight pressure on the left chest. There's no pain or any other symptoms in any of this, only the discomforts, which sometimes are as annoying as an itch that you just can't scratch, although I'm worried it might be something serious. Just sitting here right now I can feel a slight pressure, but nothing more. It would be great if somebody could give me some help here. Thanks.

Edit: I notice this more when I'm sitting down, especially if I am leaning forwards or bending over. I thought it could be somehow a baseball is lodged under my diaphram and every time I do lean forwards it gets pushed up towards my lung. But I don't have any breathing problems, besides it just sounds ridiculous. Of course usually when I'm sitting I'm bored, so I probably notice it more.
 mindless - Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:02 pm

It could be twitched muscle in chest region. Do you feel it deeper inside or just in muscle area? Also it doesn't have to be a lung problem, mostly chest problems are connected with digestive issues. However, I suggest you to visit your doc if it last longer then a week!
 dark2025 - Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:13 pm

I think it's below the rib cage. Now I mainly feel a great pressure when I'm facing downwards (ie. bending), and as soon as I stand up or sit up it gradually disappears. It's like my lung got heavy all of a sudden and pushes on the rib cage every time I bend.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here