News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Chest pains & doctors do not have a clue why!

englishclan4 - Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:05 pm

am a 33 year old woman. About 3-4 months ago I was getting knots on my legs, hands & arms. it would be a huge knot that would be there for a day & then gone the next day. This was going on about 2 times a week. They get so bad sometimes that if they are on the bottom of my feet it hurts so bad to walk. Also I have been getting pains in my chest & it feels like my throat is closing...very hard to breath. Dizzy feeling, sweeling of the hands & arms. I was also feeling jittery feeling & get a sore throat alot.

Within the last 1-1 1/2 months the knots have been coming up every other day. My hand has been so swollen that I could not even open a bottle of water. I have also been getting like hives all over my body.

I went to the doctor 2 months ago & when I was there he said that I had high blood pressure & put my on Diovan HCT then I went back & he put me on Dyazide. I take that everyday. he also has put me on Xanax.

Within the last 2 weeks I have been really sick, abdominal pains, throwing up. I stayed in bed last week for 3 days I was that sick.

My doctor sent me to a allergy clinic today where they di the testing & came back I was allergic to NOTHING.

I have no clue as to why I am getting these knots & why the pain on my chest & hard to breath.

Do you have any clue, I have also lost 12lbs with in the last 1 1/2 months & I am by no means trying.

Thanks~
Sandy English

Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:07 pm

User avatar Hello,

These symptoms are suggestive of vasculitis. People who has vasculitis present with any of the following symptoms:
Fever
Muscle and joint pain
Easy Fatigue
Loss of appetite
Weight loss
Hypertension

In some individuals the underlying cause can not be identified and the condition is known as Primary vasculitides .

For other cases, infections, some diseases of the immune system, such as rheumatoid arthritis, and allergic reaction to a medication, such as an antibiotic or diuretic, all can cause vasculitis. In such cases it is named as secondary vasculitides.

Investigations include:
CBC
ESR
CRP
RF
ANA
Images like CT Scan or MRI as needed.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here