Forum Name: Asthma

Question: HELP

~confused~ - Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:48 pm

Hello, im 16 years old and for the last 5 years i have constant breathing attacks. I do not knnow what their from. when ever i get worked up ir cry or get scared my chest gets heavy and i cant seem to get any air in, i begin to hyperventalate. its been getting worse lataly. and im not sure what it is. should i ask my doctor or is it not seriouse
 Jennifer R.N. - Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:11 am

You should definitely ask your doctor. You may have stress induced asthma. Or it could be an anxiety thing but I think you should definitely be seen. Even if it's not asthma he could give you an albuterol inhaler to just have around and use as needed. It opens up the passage ways in the lungs to help air move through. It will increase your heart rate though right afterward so don't get scared if you feel that happen. It'll go away in a few. But go to the Doctor. :-)
 Confused II - Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:25 am

Hello, I have a simple question, can the use of alcohol worsen the asthma symptoms? I am not a heavy drinker but I do drink and I was just wondering if it would/could affect my asthma.... Thanks, Confused II

|