Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: cough with fever and just plain do not feel good

red88346 - Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:38 pm

A little over 3 weeks ago I woke up with swollen glands, headache and running a fever. I then started getting this bad cough which I have had now for a little over 3 weeks. I feel tired all the time and I go between having a fever and being chilled. The cough is real deep in the chest and at times cant get my breath, the flem is greyish to greenish could you advise me what I can do to make this go away
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:17 pm

User avatar Hi!

I feel you should consult a doctor and let the doctor examine you and diagnose your illness to treat it. One of the best household remedies for cough that I would vote for would be steam inhalation several times a day. Over-the-counter cough remedies may be tried along with steam inhalation. Tylenol might help the fever. Do you smoke? Have you had your flu shot? Depending on the illness that you might have, your doctor may decide upon antibiotics or antiviral medicines.

In all probabilities you have a respiratory tract infection, but only a clinical examination can tell the probable diagnosis.

I hope this helps,

Warm regards,

- Bill

|