Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Strange electric feeling in my chest (pectoralis)

derthballs - Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:16 pm

Im quite concerned with things that have happened to me at nights recently. Its only started happening in the last 2 or 3 months, and there seems no rhyme or reason to it, except its happening more frequently, and happening now, before im even sleeping for the first time.

Ive got a strange sensation in my pecs, which i presume is my lungs, but it travels up and as well as feeling weird in the chest, it sort of rings in my ears at the same time, it builds up so that the ringing feeling, is really horrible.

Its almost like an orgasm, but like an anti orgasm, with the peak being a feeling like im going to keel over and die.

Im totally stumped as what it could be.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:36 pm

These symptoms are most probably due to muscle spasm.
The underlying cause could be Temporomandibuilar Joints dysfunction ,which gives symptoms like follows:

Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
Neck, shoulder, or upper back pain
Ear aches
Clenching teeth
Pain behind the eyes
Dizziness
Parasthesia of the fingers
Headaches

Many experience these symptoms extraction of wisdom teeth or back molars, and tends to be more in mouth breather.

This is a problem that needs orthopedic consultation

|