News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: 13 years old

pew2005 - Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:54 pm

Hello, I am new here. Im 13 and almoast 14. About 4 months ago I experienced a panic attack for an unknown reason and ever scince then I have been generally scaired about my health. I have been experiencing chest pains on both sides of my chest, but I have been doing pushups lately so i don't know if it has to do with my muscle. I have been dizzy lately. I also have ringing in my ears and very odd headaches lately too. I am actually very terrifyed about all of this. Is it possible for a 13 year old to have a heart attack. I am pretty healthy, not overweight, and i think i have some sort of anxiety disorder please help.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:38 am

User avatar Hi pew2005,
In my opinion, I would relate your symptoms to both anxiety and a strained muscle. The dizziness and ringing in your ears may be related to an inner ear disorder. You should have your parents call your physician for an evaluation. This should clarify the cause for the physical symptoms and they should be able to guide you in some relaxation techniques to reduce the episodes of anxiety/panic attacks. I would question and be vey hesitant in accepting medication related treatment for a panic disorder prior to attempting the nonmedication related stress relieving techniques.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 kalucy - Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:04 pm

I can imagine you are worried about many things at thirteen. First of all do your best to take a deep breath blow it out slowly and do it again a couple more times in times of anxiety. The more a person worries the more scared they become. That happens to ALL people when they feel anxious. If you do indeed have frequent chest pain, it is always a good idea to have your doctor check things out. It is simply a wise thing to do, and it will be one of the things that will help you be able to calm down and stop worrying. Sometimes taking too much over- the- counter medicine such as aspirin or ibuprophen can cause ringing in the ears. When you do exercise, make sure and do warm up exercises first to prevent the strains and pains that come from not doing so. Finally, make a list of all of the things that you personally can do to help yourself relax and relieve your anxiety i.e. listening to music, walking and jogging, watching your favorite show etc. Those things that work BEST for you. If you continue to feel too stressed, seek professional help. My brother did just that years ago and now lives a happy, healthy, professional(he's a graphic artist) panic attack free life. Good luck to you!
 xbellaxgravex - Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:50 pm

Hi. I have the SAME thing I have had panic anxiety for about 2 years I constantly think im going to have a heart attack my best bet or what atleast helped me with panic anxiety was..Starting to do healthy things I changed my life style that made me feel 10 billion times better about myself and how I was. Also Start to realize when and where these panic things happen..maybe there is a pattern of what causes them...
Wish you the best of luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here