Question: Confising Chest Pains/Symptoms

Mattimus54 - Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:16 am

I am 20y/o male 5'10" 197lbs. For the past 10 months I have had some very confusing chest pains. They are dull most of the time but at times can become sharp. Sometimes I have both at the same time. Most of the pain is in the upper left chest area and under my left armpit and down my left arm. I also have had some shortness of breath at times. My doctors have done a great deal of testing: Echo-Cardio Stress Test, EKG, enzymes, lung scan, Upper GI, CT Scan of chest and abdomine all fine. I have had several EKG's and one(during a very sevear attack) showed "very unusual wave patterns." Thats what my doctor said and put me into the CCU overnight then released me the next day with no further testing. I have had EKG's since then and they were fine. I don't understand this and it is a major cause of anxiety about the whole problem for me. This week I go for upper endoscopy but I am unsure whether it will show anything or not. I'm very confused and my doctors seem to be as well. I have had some anxiety which clonazapame .5mg-1mg(different doses at different times) seems to help with but it does not relieve the pain. Lately i have had some very sevear palpitations(just feeling my heart beating very heavy) and some faintness. I have also started having some headaches. I can excercise though it seems to cause some burning pain which i believe to be caused simply because i need to get myself into better shape. Yesterday I played a game for abourt an hour and a half where I was running much of the time and all that happened was alot of palpitation and burning. After my first round of testing my doctor seemd to think it was anxiety/depression and put me on Cymbalta 60mg for 4 months. It did nothing. Neither did therapy though i didn't go for more than a month or so. Sometimes i have trouble sleeping but i believe the anxiety to be caused by the pain and not the other way around. I'm really not sure and could use any advice. I do know that I have some Acid-Reflux(have been taking tums for about 6 years and now i am on Prevacid 30mg). The Prevacid seems to help a little but i still have pretty constant pain. Is this my heart? GERD? Anxiety? Something totally different. My chest is very sore making me think it may be muscle or bone problems. What kind of tests should be done for that? Any help would be great. Thank you.

-Matt
 Mattimus54 - Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:26 am

any information or reply to this post would be very helpfull, thank you.

|