News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Sharp mid-left chest pains

Msr63 - Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:40 pm

I am a 30 yr female, light smoker
having chest pains in mid-left side near left breast
I have had sharp, pin like pains before - every once in a blue moon, however I have been experiencing them all weekend. It's extremely painful to take deep breathes during these attacks.
Also my left chest and arm feel very achy or tired, from time to time my left arm is alittle numb.
Today was my first day back to work after resting the entire weekend - however I noticed I was dizzy often and very tired.

I do not have insurance and can't afford to visit the hospital if this is a passing issue due to something minor. Can you give me any insight?
Thanks
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:52 am

User avatar Dear
i recommend that you see a physician as soon as possible to role out any possibility of heart disease.

you did not mention anything about your medical history, or the existence of heart problem, however, the fact that you have mentioned the symptoms of chest pain, and numbness in your left arm, tired and fatigue, it is very urgent that you seek a doctors appointment. He might do an EKG, or an echo to your heart.

REMEMBER that your health is much more important that the insurance, than wealth.

hope you always feel better
thank you

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here