Question: uunbearable chestpains...also what is BEXTRA?

bumcheekie - Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:42 pm

i'm16 going on 17 female.
lately i've been getting sharp chest pains in my upper right breast/chest.
sometimes it makes my throat feel weird as if i have just been choked or swallowed something the wrong way.
and sometimes it spreads to my left side.

i've been getting pains like this since i was a kid. my doctor didnt think much of it when i told him.

the last time that it was serious was back in april/may
i had fallen to the ground playing lacrosse, and hit the ground pretty hard, and hit a couple rocks. i had become very dizzy but that went away afterawhile. unfortunately i began getting the sharp chest pains, frequent headaches, and such.
when i went in for a doctors visit, he said it was nothing and didnt even want to prescribe or give me any advice. but i kept bothering him and he eventually gave me some BEXTRA...it did make me feel better. but im not veyr clear what bextra is suppse to do.

and now im getting my chestpains again, just like when i had my fall in lacrosse, and when i was younger.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:06 am

User avatar Hi bumcheekie,
Bextra is a NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug). Your physician most likely prescribed this because he/she considered your pain to be inflammatory in nature. Bextra is typically used in treatment of osteoarthritis, rheumatiod arthritis, inflammatory conditions, etc. If you are exhibiting symptoms of pain again and the NSAID's are ineffective, I would suggest a re-evaluation by your physician.

|