Question: Chest discomfort-cannot sleep!!

proudofcmk - Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:26 pm

Hello.

I am a 23 yr old female and I have been experiencing sharp chest pains above my left breast. The first night I had them I went to the ER (I am a military wife in Germany so I had to go to a German hospital) After doing an EKG and running bloodwork the Dr said that everything looked fine. He said it might be the muscles or bones. But he said just to be sure I should stay the night in the hospital so he can run my blood again in them morning. That bloodwork was also fine. So then he sent me on my way with no real explanation.Also, my blood pressure had been slightly high over the past few months but my regular Dr said it was probably due to being overweight. I started an exercise program and I have brought my once high cholesterol down to normal numbers. Now I am working on my weight. I just started a strenuous workout program called "Boot Camp" and during my workouts I feel no discomfort or pain. But when I am doing nothing such as watching TV I feel slight discomfort on the left side of my chest. Also, my blood pressure was 143/93 that day.

It has been about 3 weeks since then. After going to the ER I was fine. Every once in a while I would get a feeling of discomfort in on the left side of my chest, but no pain.
But about a week ago the discomfort was more frequent. It mostly came at night when I tried to go to bed. I tried to go to sleep but I couldn't due to the discomfort. It kept me up all night long. This didn't happen again until 2 days ago. All night I tried to sleep but the feeling would not go away. It is hard to explain. It just feels really uncomfortable. Tonight it was worse. I have been trying to sleep for the past 6 hours and I cannot. When I lie down it feels uncomfortable and then as I think I might be dozing off, I get a huge feeling of anxiety or something. Kinda like someone just walked in and scared me. I don't know what is going on. I plan on going to see my Dr on Monday but over here in Germany they don't really pay any mind to what is going on.

Can anyone help?
 LexiA - Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:59 pm

Just wanted to tell you that I can sympathize with you greatly because I'm having similar problems (look at my 21 year old female with chest pain thread).

I too am puzzled by why these symptoms happen at night and when I'm trying to go to sleep. The dizziness, chest pain, nausea...all of it happens as I drift off to sleep and then I jump up in a panic like someone has scared me half to death.

|