News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Feel sick & pain under right rib

madhippychick - Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:40 am

Can you help. I have a pain in my right side under the ribs. It feels like being 9mths pregnant and having a babies foot up there in the way. I cannot sleep as I am too uncomfortable and I feel sick continuously. I have been to see my gp who says to sleep more upright on more pillows and to eat small regular meals. I also suffer from Sarcoidosis and wonder whether this is possibly to blame. I have been told to wait a few days until monday, but am at my wits end. I am mum of 3, one with autism, and have too much to do without sleeping. Please can you advise me please. Thanks
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:36 pm

User avatar Dear madhippychick,

Sarcoidosis in an inflammatory disease that primarily affects the lungs and lymph node.
Clinical manifestations are mainly chronic shortness of breath (dyspnea) and cough.
Other body organs can be affected by sarcoidosis; in order of frequency these organs are the liver, skin, heart, nervous system, and kidneys. In such cases, symptoms depend on the extent of the disease affection in each organ.

The pain you have described is more likely to be related to the disease itself in the lung, or due to affection of another system like the liver.
GI problems as an association of the disease or due to medications side effects can be another possibility.

I Advise you to take an appointment with a consultant, the pain that prevents you from sleeping well or in a normal position should be investigated properly for proper management.

I hope you find this information useful, keep us updated,
Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here